Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Delicious potatoes, which make a marvelous marriage with any kind of barbecued meat or fried chicken, are just as wonderful by themselves. An old friend who is renowned for her cuisine gave me this recipe when visiting from India.
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp (10 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Sautê cashews and raisins until cashews are golden and raisins are plump, about 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil. Stir-fry potatoes to coat with oil. Spread in a single layer and cover. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir and spread into single layer again. Cover and continue to cook, adjusting heat to brown potatoes without burning, for 6 to 8 minutes longer. There should be a golden crust on most potatoes when done.
3. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes, cumin, salt and mango powder, if using. Add reserved cashews and raisins and sesame seeds. Toss well and adjust seasonings. Serve as a side dish or as finger food.
I like to serve these to accompany beer.
To toast sesame seeds: Spread in a dry skillet and toast on medium heat until starting to color, 3 to 4 minutes. Shake pan periodically to toast evenly. Seeds will turn slightly darker as they cool.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.