Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Thinner than a Spanish tortilla, this popular Italian dish is ideal for lunch or a light supper. Good with plenty of Italian bread and a tomato salad.
1. Preheat the broiler and position the rack 6in (15cm) from the heat. Beat the eggs in a bowl with the sage, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a 9in (23cm) nonstick frying pan with a lid and flameproof handle over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes, or until just softened but not browned.
3. Add the eggs to the pan and stir gently to combine. Cover and cook gently for 2–3 minutes; the frittata should remain moist on top.
4. Arrange the tomatoes and goat cheese over the surface and lightly brush with olive oil. Place the pan in the broiler for 5 minutes or until the frittata is set and lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes. Slide onto a serving platter and cut into wedges. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
Red Pepper and Salami Frittata
In step 2 add 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips, and 4 thin slices of salami, rind removed, cut into strips, to the shallot. Replace the goat cheese and tomatoes with ½ cup of shredded Cheddar cheese.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.