Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Serve these tasty muffins for breakfast or afternoon tea.
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
1. In work bowl fitted with metal blade, process apple until coarsely chopped, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
2. In same work bowl fitted with metal blade, process sugar and shortening until smooth, about 30 seconds. With the motor running, add eggs, milk, honey and vanilla through the feed tube. Remove lid and add cake flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and pulse just until incorporated, about 10 times. Add apple chunks and pulse until mixed, about 5 times.
3. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool in tin on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
Variation: Add ½ cup (125 mL) chopped walnuts to the batter with apple.
I like to dust the tops of the muffins with a little sugar and cinnamon prior to baking.
Freeze cooled muffins in a resealable plastic bag for up to 30 days.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 muffin.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.