Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
The sweetness of honey and the tang of whole grain mustard combine to make a delicious glaze for barbecued chicken. Good with a crisp green salad and grilled corn on the cob.
1. Make 2 or 3 deep cuts into each drumstick. Whisk the ketchup, orange juice, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and pepper together in a nonmetallic bowl. Add the chicken and mix to coat well. Cover and refrigerate, occasionally turning the chicken, for at least 6 and up to 24 hours.
2. Build a medium fire in an outside grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the marinade for basting. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the chicken on the grill and cover. Grill for 20 minutes, turning and basting frequently with the marinade. Discard marinade.
3. To make the glaze, mix the honey, mustard, and lemon zest together. Brush the chicken with glaze and cook for 10-15 minutes more, or until the chicken juices are clear when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
Honey Mustard Barbecued Pork: The marinade and glaze can also be used for thick-cut pork chops.
Prepare ahead: Marinate the chicken for up to 24 hours.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today