Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
Here’s a quick, easy idea to dress up a small wheel of Brie. Set it out for your guests to enjoy and you won’t end up spending time in the kitchen preparing fiddly hors d’oeuvres.
1. With spatula, spread sides of cheese with some of the mustard and roll in chopped nuts to coat sides. Spread remaining mustard on top and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
2. Arrange nut-coated cheese on a microwave-safe serving dish. Microwave on Medium-Low (30%) for 1 ½ to 2 ½ minutes or until cheese is warm and softened.
3. Surround with apple and pear slices and crackers. Serve immediately.
Toss apple and pear slices in 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice to prevent discoloring.
Use your microwave oven to take the chill off refrigerated cheese when serving a selection of cheeses with wine or as an appetizer.
Arrange cheese on a plate and microwave on Medium-Low (30%), checking every 15 seconds until just slightly warm (watch carefully so cheese doesn’t melt). Time will depend on amount and type of cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and does not include apple and pear slices or crackers.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today