Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This is the delicious artichoke and mayo dip one often spots at cocktail parties, but with goat cheese in lieu of the sour cream. This dip is surprisingly good when made with low-fat or nonfat cream cheese and mayonnaise. The recipe will serve 12 partygoers.
1. In a food processor, combine the artichoke hearts, onions, garlic, mayonnaise, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and goat cheese. Blend the ingredients, leaving some texture in the dip. Spoon the dip into a 7- or 8-inch casserole dish. (At this point you can refrigerate the dip, covered, for up to 2 days if you like.)
2. Preheat the oven to 350°.
3. Bake the dip, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until it is browned on top. Serve it hot with crackers, bruschetta, or chips.
Variation: Try using this dip as a tart filling. Spread the uncooked mixture about ¾ inch thick on a prebaked pie shell, then top with chopped olives and parsley. Bake the tart for 10 minutes at 350°, and serve it hot.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
Ever since I bought a large griddle I have been making these chips. I serve them with fresh salsa and sour cream. To feed 4 people as a snack, take 4 large (8-inch) flour tortillas. Stack them and cut them in half. Then cut each half into 3 wedges (there will be 24 chips), heat a large griddle or two large skillets over medium-high beat. Coat with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil. Lay the tortillas down on the griddle or pans, then salt them generously. Let the chips sit for 5 minutes, adjusting the beat to make sure the tortillas don’t burn. Once they are golden, remove them and let them dry on paper towels. Serve as soon as possible.
Nutritional information is based on 14 servings, and does not include Crackers, bruschetta, or Homemade Tortilla chips.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today