Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Because I get so many requests whenever I serve this dip, I have gotten in the habit of printing out the recipe before the party. Be sure to use a very thick salsa. If it seems watery, drain in a wire sieve before using. Shrimp salsa dip sounds like a good idea too, but, unfortunately, shrimp can easily turn tough if heated for too long—stick to the crab version.
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 1-quart round baking dish.
2. With a rubber spatula, mash the cream cheese, mayonnaise, salsa, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl until combined. Stir in the crabmeat. Season with hot pepper sauce. Spread in the baking dish. (The dip can be prepared up to 8 hours ahead, covered tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerated.)
3. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the dip. Bake until the dip is bubbling, about 30 minutes or slightly longer if refrigerated. Serve hot.
Make-Ahead: The dip can be prepared up to 8 hours ahead, then baked just before serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 32 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.