Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
A meat loaf is a wonderful palette for any of your favorite flavors. Hot or cold, this one is certain to be a crowd pleaser.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Combine the ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic, bread crumbs, parsley, Italian seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl. Add the eggs, tomato juice, and wine and mix thoroughly.
3. Layout 1 large sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper. Spread the meat loaf mixture out in a 15 × 12-inch rectangle on the waxed paper. Arrange the basil leaves over the surface. Scatter the sun-dried tomatoes over the basil and arrange three-fourths of the smoked mozzarella on top.
4. Using the waxed paper as an aid and starting from one short side, roll up the meat like a jelly roll. Peel back the paper as you roll. Place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
5. Bake 1 hour. Place the remaining smoked mozzarella over the top of the loaf and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 minutes more. Serve the meat loaf hot with Fresh Tomato Sauce, or refrigerate the meat loaf until cold and cut into thin slices like a pate.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today