Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
I adapted this from a recipe a great Italian cook shared with me. It's a hearty one-dish meal that tastes even better if you make it a day ahead. Needless to say, make the pasta only when you're ready to serve it.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Heat oil in a 3-quart soup pot over high heat until hot. Reduce heat. Add the onion. Cook and stir until tender but not brown. Add the ground lamb. Cook and stir until browned. Stir in the wine and rosemary. Simmer until the wine evaporates.
3. Meanwhile, pour the undrained tomatoes into a bowl and crush the tomatoes with your hands. Add the tomatoes to the soup pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the juices are pretty well evaporated and the ragout is thick, about 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Serve ragout over pasta. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
We've known kids love pizza and pasta, but we've figured out how to get them to love curries, roasted caulifower, and chickpeas too.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 518 cal., 17 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 55 mg chol.. 409 mg sodium, 62 g carbo., 3 g fiber, 25 g pro. Daily Values: 10% vit. A, 20% vit. C, 10 calcium, 21% iron
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.