Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
A chic take on a brownie. These make a decadent dessert when served with whipped cream or ice cream, or just serve them by themselves with your favorite beverage. Either way, they are just delicious!
Preheat the toaster oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8-inch by 8-inch baking dish.
1. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cherries, walnuts, and lavender flowers.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir in the cocoa. Blend in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. Pour the batter into the baking pan.
5. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
6. Cool and dust with icing sugar.
Tools and Equipment: Mixing bowl, microwave-safe baking dish, mixing spoon or flexible spatula for blending ingredients.
You will need a toaster oven that holds an 8-inch by 8-inch pan. Otherwise, divide the batter between two smaller dishes and bake each separately. The cooking time remains the same.
Garnish suggestions: Fresh Cherries when available; mint sprigs if being served as a dessert
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 16 servings.
Nutritional information does not include icing sugar to dust.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today