Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Gently steamed fish makes a healthy, tasty supper.
1. Drizzle each sole fillet with 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp soy sauce, ½ tsp ginger, and a light, even drizzle of sesame oil. Gently roll the fillets lengthwise and arrange them on a heatproof plate.
2. Fill a large saucepan fitted with a steamer with 1in (2.5cm) water; bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
3. Blanch the bok choy leaves for several seconds in the water, or until soft, then place them briefly into a bowl of iced water.
4. Wrap each fillet in 4–5 leaves, securing with cocktail sticks if necessary. Set the plate with the fish on the steamer rack, place the lid on the steamer, and steam for 8–10 minutes, or until the fish becomes opaque.
Good with a mix of stir-fried vegetables, or with boiled white rice.
Spinach-Wrapped Sole: Use unblanched leaf spinach instead of bok choy. Replace the soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil with a little butter over the fillets, and sprinkle with chopped tarragon.
Steaming fish ensures that none of the flavors are lost during cooking.
Nutritional Benefits: Low fat
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today