Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Light and tart. I like to fill these cupcakes with Fresh Lemon Curd.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, lemon zest and lemon extract. Using a wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture alternating with milk, making three additions of flour and two of milk, just until blended.
3. Scoop batter evenly into prepared tin. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool in tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely.
4. Decorate cooled cupcakes with any of the icings(see Notes).
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today