Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This hearty vegetarian soup has just a touch of spice certain to warm you up. Good with a spoonful of plain yogurt and crusty bread.
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat. Add the onions, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Add the stock, lentils, and tomato juice.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.
Nutritional Benefits: low fat
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today