Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
For an even spicier version of this dish, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
1. Preheat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer the nuts to a plate to cool.
2. Place the broth, vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper, and salt, if desired, in a small bowl, and stir to mix. Set aside.
3. Bring a 4-quart pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the pasta, and cook according to package directions.
4. While the water is heating up, coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray, add the oil, and preheat over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes, or until soft but not brown.
5. Increase the heat to high, and add the red bell peppers and half of the broth mixture to the skillet. Bring to a boil; then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the scallions and the remaining broth mixture, and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the peppers are just soft.
6. Drain the pasta, and add it to the skillet along with the toasted walnuts. Toss to mix well.
7. Spoon the pasta into individual serving dishes, and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Calories: 563 Carbohydrates: 104.5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Fat: 7 g Fiber: 11 g Protein: 20.5 g Sodium: 96 mg
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today