Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This started out as a vision: a rustic glazed green plate, holding a salad that I see as a summer vacation on a plate. Where is the vacation? Doesn’t matter. It’s just summer: high puffy clouds in a hot blue sky. It could be the coast of Maine or the coast of France. The simplicity of the ingredients is a testament to the elegant rich flavors. Wait—the vision continues. Serve this with ripe figs, a good chèvre, and a cool Bandol rosé from Provence.
When preparing this dressing it is important to crush—almost mash—the garlic. Sprinkling it with coarse salt makes the crushed garlic easier to mince.
For the Vinaigrette: Sprinkle the salt over the garlic on a chopping board and finely mince the garlic. Combine this with the vinegar and the mustard in a small bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue whisking until the vinaigrette thickens. Season with pepper. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. Makes ¾ Cup.
1. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the corn kernels and cook until just tender, 1 minute. Drain into a colander and run under cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again and pat dry.
2. Using a rubber spatula, gently combine the corn, lobster, and tomatoes in a bowl.
3. Just before serving, season the salad with salt and pepper. Dress it lightly with the vinaigrette.
4. Arrange the arugula in the center of a large platter and top with the lobster salad. Garnish the salad with the slivered basil, and nasturtium blossoms, if desired, before serving.
You’ll get 4 cups lobster meat from four 1½-pound lobsters.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, and 6 tablespoons of the Garlic Vinaigrette.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.