Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Perfect for a summer lunch, the mackerel can be grilled or cooked on the barbecue
1. To make the salad, run a vegetable peeler down the length of the cucumber to shave it into long thin strips, discarding the seeds. Combine the cucumber, shallot, dill, and green pepper.
2. Whisk the lemon juice and mustard in a small bowl, and whisk in the oil. Pour over the vegetables, season with salt and pepper, and toss.
3. Position the broiler rack 6in (15cm) from the source of heat and preheat the broiler. Cut two or three slashes into the skin of each side of the fish. Season with salt and pepper. Broil, turning once, for about 8 minutes, until the flesh is opaque when pierced with the tip of a knife. Serve hot with the cucumber salad.
Good with boiled new potatoes tossed with olive oil and chopped dill.
Leftover fish can be flaked and used as a tasty omelet filling or added to a salad.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today