Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Scrub sweet potatoes; dry and coat with vegetable oil. Pierce in several places with a fork and lay on lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 60 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Let cool slightly, then peel, discarding skins.
2. Meanwhile, spread pecans on unlined baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, giving pan a toss halfway through, until toasted. Let cool.
3. Place sweet potatoes, butter, maple syrup, salt, nutmeg and cayenne in the mixer bowl. Attach the flat beater and mixer bowl to the mixer. Set to stir and mix for 30 seconds. Increase to speed 4 and beat for 1 minute, until smooth.
4. Transfer to a heated serving dish and top with pecans. Serve hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today