Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Here is another fabulous overnight oatmeal made with steel-cut oats. It is strong on the spice, so cut back to ½ teaspoon if you would like just a whisper. If you prefer a richer flavor, toast the oats on a baking sheet at 350°F for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
1. Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or overnight.
2. Stir the oatmeal well and scoop into bowls with an oversized spoon. Serve with milk and maple syrup or sugar.
Cooker: Small round
Setting and cook time: LOW for 7 to 9 hours
Nutritional information does not include extra maple syrup or granulated maple sugar for serving.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today