Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Kathryn Barnard
When the temperature drops and the holiday season rolls around, root vegetables caramelized and covered in the autumnal flavor of maple syrup are just the thing to serve to a crowd. The vegetables in this recipe are roasted with rosemary until their natural sugars brown, then tossed in a piquant sweet-and-tangy dressing while they’re still hot. This recipe feeds a holiday crowd, but also reheats well when leftovers are portioned out for two.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Divide the sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots in two roasting pans. Sprinkle the vegetables with the thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and olive oil, tossing to coat.
3. Roast the vegetables for about 45 to 50 minutes, until they are lightly browned and tender when pierced with a fork.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, sherry vinegar, and chicken stock. Add the roasted vegetables and toss them with the liquid to coat. Transfer the vegetables to a platter and serve.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.