Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
Forget thinking that tofu lacks taste. In this recipe, it's marinated overnight to soak up the most intensely delicious flavor and then roasted until it's a glossy, golden brown. The dense, rustic ciabatta bread provides a chewy contrast.
1. Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, sesame oil, and Dijon mustard. Set aside.
2. Cut tofu into ¼-inch-thick slices. Place in a shallow dish in a single layer. Pour the soy sauce mixture over the tofu. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove the tofu from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Place tofu on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake until the tofu is browned, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Cut the ciabatta into 6 pieces; cut each piece in half horizontally. Whisk the marinade again to emulsify it. Brush some of the marinade on the cut sides of the bread. Divide the cucumber slices among the bread bottoms. Layer with tofu and arugula. Add bread tops.
I love that some of our older students have really developed a passion for cooking and eating good food. When they began to save their money for good quality kitchen tools, I knew they were hooked!
Nutrition Facts per serving: 179 cal., 11 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol., 379 mg sodium, 15 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 8 g pro.
Daily Values: 5% vit. A, 6% vit. C, 9% calcium, 8% iron
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.