Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Maytag Blue, made in Iowa, is one of America’s premier cheeses. Made by hand and aged for six months, its creamy tang makes for a delicious melted surprise when you bite into this burger. I like these burgers dinner size, so I make them extra-big. Topped with Fresh Pineapple Relish and ketchup, and served with Pan-Roasted Baby Whites, what burger could be better?
1. Place the meat in a bowl. Add the onion, 1 tablespoon ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper and mix lightly with your hands.
2. Form the meat into 6 thick patties, about 3 inches across and 1½ inches thick. To stuff the burgers, remove some of the meat from the top center of each patty, insert a chunk of the blue cheese (flattened slightly with the palm of your hand if necessary), and re-cover with the meat.
3. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers, in batches if necessary, for 5 minutes on the first side; then turn and cook for 3 minutes on the second side for a crusty outside and medium-rare interior. Cook longer if you prefer your burger well done. Place the burgers on the toasted rolls, and serve with ketchup and the relish.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include Ketchup or Fresh Pineapple Relish. For nutritional information on Fresh Pineapple Relish, please follow the link above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.