Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This is a great dish to make ahead of time if you are having dinner guests. It is equally as good the next day. Serve with steamed jasmine or basmati rice or couscous.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. While the oil is heating season the chicken with half the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and place in the skillet to sear on both sides, working in batches not to overcrowd the pan. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to low and add the onion and pumpkin; cook and stir about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, remaining cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and cook, stirring constantly about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the broth, orange zest, orange juice and rosemary. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the prunes and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook about 30 minutes, until the chicken and pumpkin are tender and cooked through.
4. Stir in the parsley and mint just before serving and serve warm on a bed of jasmine rice or couscous.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.