Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Let us know how the new health care law helps you
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This is a great dish to make ahead of time if you are having dinner guests. It is equally as good the next day. Serve with steamed jasmine or basmati rice or couscous.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. While the oil is heating season the chicken with half the cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and place in the skillet to sear on both sides, working in batches not to overcrowd the pan. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
2. Reduce the heat to low and add the onion and pumpkin; cook and stir about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, remaining cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and cook, stirring constantly about 1 minute.
3. Stir in the broth, orange zest, orange juice and rosemary. Return the chicken to the skillet, add the prunes and bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook about 30 minutes, until the chicken and pumpkin are tender and cooked through.
4. Stir in the parsley and mint just before serving and serve warm on a bed of jasmine rice or couscous.
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today