Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Prosciutto is the Italian word for ham, Parma ham being a type of air-cured ham
1. Cut the melon into 16 wedge-shaped slices. Cut off the rind. Cut each nectarine into wedges.
2. Cut the Parma ham into thin strips. Thread a strip of ham and a piece of fruit on to toothpicks.
3. Arrange on a serving platter and season with a little pepper.
Melon, Fig, and Prosciutto Salad: Arrange arugala leaves on 4 plates. Cut the melon into 16 wedge-shaped slices, as above, and divide between the serving plates. Cut 4 figs in quarters but not through the base. Open out the figs and place one in the center of each plate. Cut 8 prosciutto slices in half lengthways and arrange between the melon slices. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Using a potato peeler, shave 3½ oz (100g) Pecorino cheese over the top.
Prepare ahead: These canapes can be made several hours in advance. Chill until required.
Nutritional information is based on 12 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today