Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. To make the dough: Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the oil, eggs, and 2 tablespoons water. Gradually mix the wet ingredients with the flour. Add up to 2 tablespoons more water if necessary. Knead the dough until it forms a rough ball.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth, about 6 minutes. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. To make the filling: Combine the chicken fat, onions, potatoes, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
5. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into thirds. On a floured surface, roll out one piece of the dough into a thin rectangle about 10 inches long. Spread about 2/3 cup of the filling along one long end, about 1 inch from the edge. Roll up like a jelly roll and pinch the edges closed. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough and filling.
6. Arrange the rolls on baking sheets. Bake until browned, about 40 minutes.
7. Slice the knishes and serve.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 knish and includes 1 teaspoon of added salt to the recipe.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.