Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
A mole sauce is made with cocoa. But there are so many complex seasonings in mole that the chocolate becomes transformed into a new, unique flavor.
1) Heat a large, heavy pot and cook the beef in it, stirring frequently, until the meat is cooked through. Pour off and discard the meat juices. Remove the beef to a plate.
2) Put the oil in the pot and cook the onions and garlic over moderate-high heat until the onions begin to change color, about 5 minutes. Cover between stirrings.
3) Return the meat to the pot and stir in the remaining ingredients except the cornmeal. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a gentle simmer. Cover and cook for 1 hour.
4) Stir in the cornmeal (this will thicken the chili) and cook uncovered for about 30 minutes longer.
Nutritional information is provided by the author.
Per Serving: Calories 370; Protein 34g; Fat 15g (Saturated 5g); Carbohydrates 27g; Fiber 7g; Sodium 1074mg
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today