Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. When hot, stir in onions, leeks, parsley, and thyme. Lower heat and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
2. Add the remaining vegetables—potatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, fava beans, and peas— one at a time, sautéing each for about 3 minutes. When all the vegetables are sautéed, stir in tomatoes, broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Then lower heat and simmer for about 1 hour, until soup is quite thick.
3. Add cooked beans, mashing some against the side of the stockpot with the back of a spoon as you stir them in. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve sprinkled with Pecorino Romano cheese.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings, using 1 cup of Cannellini Beans, and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today