Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
1. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. When hot, stir in onions, leeks, parsley, and thyme. Lower heat and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions begin to brown.
2. Add the remaining vegetables—potatoes, carrots, celery, zucchini, fava beans, and peas— one at a time, sautéing each for about 3 minutes. When all the vegetables are sautéed, stir in tomatoes, broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Then lower heat and simmer for about 1 hour, until soup is quite thick.
3. Add cooked beans, mashing some against the side of the stockpot with the back of a spoon as you stir them in. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Serve sprinkled with Pecorino Romano cheese.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings, using 1 cup of Cannellini Beans, and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.