Photo by: The Meal Makeover Moms
This smoothie is a Meal Makeover Moms favorite because it uses mango, a good source of vitamins A and C, and fiber. We first created it for a series of cooking videos we put on our website to showcase some family-friendly recipes. In the video, Janice and Leah prepare the smoothie together, demonstrating that kids of all ages can easily whip one up with little help—just be sure to place the blender lid on tightly!
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks (one 10-ounce package)
- 1½ cups 100% mango juice, tropical juice, or orange juice
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1. Place the mango, juice, and yogurt in a blender, and blend until well combined.
2. Pour into individual glasses and serve with a straw.
© 2011 Liz Weiss and Janice Newell Bissex
My 1-year old sipped her drink to the bottom and signed for more, adding her little “mooore” word.
Rebecca, mother of McKenzie, age 1 and Evan, age 4, Wichita, KS
Per Serving (1 cup):
150 calories, 19 fat (0g saturated), 65mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate, 2g fiber. 4g protein. 10% vitamin A. 30% vitamin C. 10% calcium