Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Mark Shapiro
I love the unusual combination of flavors in this lasagna, which reminds me of a Provençal gratin. In addition to adding flavor and color, the baby spinach is a great time saver as it doesn’t require pre-cooking
1. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring, just until mushrooms begin to release their liquid. Stir in artichokes and wine and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes, until liquid reduces slightly. Set aside.
2. Cover bottom of slow cooker stoneware with 4 noodles, breaking to fit where necessary. Spread with half of the ricotta, half of the mushroom mixture, half of the spinach, one-third each of the mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat. Arrange final layer of noodles over cheeses. Pour any liquid remaining from mushroom mixture over noodles (see Notes) and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan and mozzarella. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours, until hot and bubbling.
Unlike many recipes for lasagna, this one is not terribly saucy. As a result, the noodles on the top layer tend to dry out. Leave a small amount of the cooking liquid from the mushroom mixture behind in the pan, after adding to the slow cooker. Pour that over the top layer of noodles, particularly around the edges, where they are most likely to dry out.
Use white or cremini mushrooms or a combination of the two in this recipe.
Make ahead: This dish can be prepared the night before it is cooked. Refrigerate overnight in slow cooker stoneware and cook as directed.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today