Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
These tea sandwiches might look white-glove, but with their woodsy flavor and chive edges, they’ll steal the show. We made them for our child’s birthday party and are happy to report that the kids loved them!
1. Place the duxelles, cheese, and parsley together in a small bowl and beat until blended. Divide the mixture evenly among five of the bread slices. Spread into an even layer that extends all the way to the crusts. Top with the remaining 5 slices of bread, and press gently so the sandwiches hold together. Cut off the crusts, making neat little squares. (You can prepare the sandwiches to this point up to 1 day in advance. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you need them.)
2. Spread both sides of each sandwich lightly with butter. Heat a griddle to medium heat and grill the sandwiches or grill them in a large heavy skillet—cast iron works well. (If you have 2 skillets, use both.) Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes total. Remove and keep warm for up to 20 minutes on a baking sheet in a 250°F oven, if necessary, while grilling the remaining sandwiches.
3. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Dip the cut edges into the chives, if using. Serve at once.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings, but does not include Basic Duxelles. For nutritional information on Basic Duxelles, please follow the link above.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.