Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This is a great alternative to store-bought or fast-food chicken nuggets. It is tasty and easy to make. Brewer’s (nutritional) yeast is high in vitamins B-12 and fiber and adds dimension. I’ve made these a few times for my daughter’s class and have had rave reviews from the 5th graders.
Heat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees.
1. Mix bread crumbs, garlic, yeast, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl (add Parmesan if using).
2. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a kitchen mallet or heavy pan until ¼ inch thick.
3. Cut chicken into two-inch strips (if the chicken is thick, pound it out a bit more).
4. Coat chicken with the breadcrumb mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serve with creamy dill dipping sauce or sweet and spicy mustard.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 4 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today