Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
If you're watching your saturated fats, try these cookies, made with oil instead of butter. Good with a glass of milk as an after-school snack, or as part of a packed lunch or picnic.
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly oil two baking sheets.
2. Stir the oats, brown sugar, and oil in a bowl until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
3. Drop heaping teaspoons of the batter on the baking sheets, spacing them 1in (2.5cm) apart. Flatten them slightly with the back of a fork. Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until golden.
4. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 1–2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
Variation: Peanut Butter Cookies
Substitute 1 tbsp of rolled oats with 1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter. Finish and bake as above.
Prepare ahead: The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 30 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.