Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
A sweet and tangy accompaniment that complements most roasted or grilled dishes
Prepare ahead: The confit can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
1. Melt the butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onions and cook for 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
2. Add the sugar, vinegar, crème de cassis, if using, and salt, and stir well, and simmer uncovered for 30–40 minutes, stirring occasionally so the confit does not scorch. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Good with grilled or roasted meat and poultry.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today