Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Using a pastry blender or two knives, work in the butter until it resembles coarse meal. Mix in the eggs one at a time, and then the cream and orange zest.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough until it is ¾ inch thick. Cut out the scones using a 3-inch round cookie cutter. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven until lightly golden and crusty, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the scones from the oven and allow them to cool. You can prepare these 1 to 2 days ahead. Keep them wrapped in plastic wrap.
Nutritional information is based on 10 servings. Serving size is 1 scone.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.