Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Everyone loves French fries, but who’s going to make them at home? They’re messy and require too much babysitting—and besides, they’re hardly the healthiest side dish on the planet. So here is the baked alternative—crispy as you please, but much less fatty than the fried kind. Try them once and see if your family doesn’t love them.
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Generously grease a large baking sheet.
2. Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick French fries. Toss them with the oil and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Spread them on the pan and roast them in the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn them over and roast until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.
Total time: 30 minutes
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today