Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
Everyone loves French fries, but who’s going to make them at home? They’re messy and require too much babysitting—and besides, they’re hardly the healthiest side dish on the planet. So here is the baked alternative—crispy as you please, but much less fatty than the fried kind. Try them once and see if your family doesn’t love them.
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F. Generously grease a large baking sheet.
2. Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick French fries. Toss them with the oil and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Spread them on the pan and roast them in the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes. Turn them over and roast until golden on all sides, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.
Total time: 30 minutes
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today