Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I adore the rustic look and flavor of these onions roasted right in their skins. Serve alongside grilled meats or on a platter with assorted cheeses and hard sausages.
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rub the skins of the onions generously with the olive oil. Place them in a heatproof roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the onions until soft and tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
3. Cut the onions in half through the root ends and arrange cut sides up on a serving platter. Add the vinegar and orange juice and zest to the drippings in the roasting pan. Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook the liquid until reduced to a glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the roasted onions. Serve the onions at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 6. Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today