Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I adore the rustic look and flavor of these onions roasted right in their skins. Serve alongside grilled meats or on a platter with assorted cheeses and hard sausages.
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Rub the skins of the onions generously with the olive oil. Place them in a heatproof roasting pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast the onions until soft and tender, 45 to 60 minutes.
3. Cut the onions in half through the root ends and arrange cut sides up on a serving platter. Add the vinegar and orange juice and zest to the drippings in the roasting pan. Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook the liquid until reduced to a glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the roasted onions. Serve the onions at room temperature.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 6. Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today