Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Although this may seem elaborate, the payoff is huge when the rollicking flavor of the raw onion pickle kicks up a poetic harmony against the muted bitterness of the cooked radicchio and the sweet triumph of Italian pork belly.
1. In a small bowl, combine the red wine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Add the onion and let stand for 1 hour.
2. Unroll the slices of pancetta and wrap 2 pieces of pancetta around each radicchio quarter. Set aside.
3. Heat a 10- to 12-inch nonstick sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Gently place the radicchio in the pan and cook, turning frequently with tongs, until the pancetta is browned and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with foil, and keep in a warm place.
4. Drain any fat from the pan, and add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Bring to a boil and reduce by half. Remove from the heat.
5. Drain the onions, discarding the liquid, and arrange one-quarter of the onions in a small pile in the center of each plate. Lean the warm radicchio pieces up against the onions like a teepee, and spoon about 1 teaspoon balsamic sauce over each piece. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today