Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This Easter dish from Russia is traditionally made in a tall wooden container, but a new flowerpot is used here.
1. Place the cream in a small saucepan. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean into the cream and cook over low heat until hot. Whisk the egg yolk and sugar together in a bowl, then whisk in the hot cream. Let cool.
2. Beat the cheese and butter together, then beat in the cream mixture. Stir in the almonds, candied peel, and chocolate.
3. Line the flowerpot with a double thickness of rinsed and squeezed dry cheesecloth. Put the mixture into the lined mold. Place the pot on a wire rack set over a dish. Refrigerate to drain the whey for at least 1 and up to 3 days.
4. When ready to serve, turn the pashka out on to a serving dish and remove the cheesecloth. Decorate with the almonds and candied peel and serve chilled.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include Garnishes.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.