Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
I absolutely love this pie, of course, berry pie and peach pie are two of my all-time favorites, so a combo can only be better. The color of this pie is so pretty, too, as the raspberries turn the peaches a soft pink blush color.
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
1. Divide pastry dough into 2 pieces, one slightly larger than the other. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger piece of dough into a circle large enough to fit pie plate, dusting work surface and dough as necessary to keep the dough from sticking (or roll between 2 pieces of waxed or parchment paper). Press dough into prepared pie plate. Place pie plate in freezer or refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes to chill while you prepare the filling. Roll out remaining dough for top crust and set aside at room temperature on sheet of parchment paper.
2. Filling: In a large bowl, gently combine peaches, raspberries, sugar and cornstarch, making sure that cornstarch is not lumpy. Transfer filling to prepared bottom crust. Lightly brush edge of pastry with a little water. Place top crust over fruit, trimming and fluting edge. Cut steam vents in top of pie. Brush top with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
3. Place pie plate on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C) and continue baking for 40 minutes more or until nicely browned and juices are bubbling and thickened. If pie starts to get too brown before it’s finished baking, cover loosely with a piece of tented foil. Let cool on a wire rack for 2 hours before serving.
This pie would also work well with a lattice top.
You will need 1¾ lbs (875 g) peaches to yield 4 cups (1 L) sliced peaches.
Depending on the sweetness of the fruit, add up to ¼ cup (50 mL) more sugar.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 1/4 teaspoon added cream and 1/4 teaspoon added sugar per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today