Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
A sophisticated, simple, and foolproof dessert.
1. Position a broiler rack 6 in (15cm) from the source of heat and preheat the broiler. Quarter the pears and remove the cores. Place skin side down in a flameproof serving dish. Sprinkle with the blackberries and walnuts. Drop spoonfuls of mascarpone cheese over the pears and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
2. Broil for 3–5 minutes, or until the mascarpone is bubbly and sugar begins to caramelize.
3. Serve warm, with crisp buttery cookies.
Variation: Pear and Raspberry Gratin
Substitute raspberries for the blackberries and granola for the brown sugar.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin’ Donuts.
Members save 10% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba’s Italian Grill.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today