Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This sweet, crunchy pie is a true all-American dessert. This version uses maple syrup. Good with créme fraîche, whipped cream, or ice cream.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a 9in (23cm) pie dish with the pie dough. Prick the dough all over with a fork. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Line the dough with wax paper, then fill with baking beans. Place the pie dish on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastry looks set. Remove the paper and beans and prick the dough again. Bake for about 10 minutes more, until the pastry is beginning to brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C).
3. Meanwhile, cook the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and cool until tepid. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Stir in the pecans, then pour into the tart shell.
4. Bake 40–50 minutes, or until the filling is barely set. Tent the tart with aluminum foil if it is browning too quickly. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes. Remove the sides of the pan. Serve warm, or cool completely.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 8 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today