Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Almost any spring vegetable can be used--for a change, try peas or diced zucchini. Good with hot crusty garlic rolls.
1. Cook the penne in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, according to the package instructions, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli and asparagus for 4 minutes. Add the snow peas and carrots and steam about 3 minutes more, until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from the heat.
3. Whisk the vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a large bowl, then gradually whisk in the oil. Drain the pasta well and add to the bowl. Toss in the vegetables and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
Creamy Pasta Primavera: In place of the vinaigrette, add 2/3 cup créme fraîche and 1 tsp whole-grain mustard to the vegetables and pasta. Thin with a little of the pasta cooking water if necessary.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today