Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
This is adapted from a wonderful recipe by Dede Wilson, which originally appeared in Bon Appétit magazine. If you like your pumpkin pies rich and silky (and who doesn’t?), it will make a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving feast.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a circle large enough to fit pie plate, dusting work surface and dough as necessary to keep the dough from sticking (or roll between 2 pieces of waxed or parchment paper). Press dough into prepared pie plate, crimping edge to form a high border. Line crust with a double layer of foil and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking just until edge is light golden. Let cool for 10 minutes.
2. Filling: In a food processor fitted with metal blade, puree pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, pulsing briefly after each addition. Add cream and maple syrup, pulsing just until smooth.
3. Pour filling into warm crust and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until puffed around edge and firm in the center. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate pie until ready to serve.
If the crust bubbles while baking, gently press crust with the back of a fork or a scrunched up paper towel.
Nutritional information does not include Small-Batch All-Purpose Buttery Pastry Dough. For nutritional information on Small-Batch All-Purpose Buttery Pastry Dough, please see link above.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today