Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Similar to ratatouille but with a touch of vinegar to heighten the flavors, this Spanish dish goes well with grilled chorizo
Prepare ahead: The pisto manchego can be refrigerated for up to 2 days before serving. Reheat or serve at room temperature.
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until the peppers soften. Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a warm serving bowl, and sprinkle with parsley.
Good with grilled meats and fish. Or serve as a hot appetizer, topped with slices of fried chorizo and chopped hard-boiled eggs.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings and on 1/8 teaspoon added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today