Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
1. Combine the salt, cayenne, and black pepper in a small bowl and blend. Rub the chickens with the seasoning mix. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
2. Prepare a barbecue pit with a charcoal fire. The charcoal should be gray with ash and hot in the center. Melt the margarine (or heat the barbecue sauce oil) in a small saucepan and add the Tabasco. Put the chickens on the grill and baste frequently with the margarine or oil. Turn the chickens about every 20 minutes, but keep the lid closed in between basting and turning. The chickens will take about 2½ hours to cook.
3. Right before taking the chickens off the pit, brush liberally with the barbecue sauce.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information does not include Bebâ€™s Barbecue Sauce. For nutritional information on Bebâ€™s Barbecue Sauce, please follow the link above.