Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
Photo by: Joseph DeLeo
We love making these simple pita crackers. Cut open a pita bread—whole-wheat or white—and cut each half of the bread into triangles. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle on the flavorings of your choice. You can make the crackers a day or two ahead of time; seal in a plastic bag and keep in a cool spot. This recipe makes 24 crackers, but it can easily be doubled or tripled.
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the pita breads open into 2 round halves. Cut each circle into 6 triangles; you should have a total of 24 triangles. Lay the triangles on 2 baking sheets with the cut sides up. Lightly brush the bread with the oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and any other flavoring choice.
3. Bake the triangles for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Add a pinch of the following on top of the olive oil on each cracker:
Sesame or poppy seeds
Chopped fresh rosemary, thyme, chives, mint, oregano, verbena, or any of your favorite herbs
½ teaspoon ground cumin, dash of cayenne, and ½ teaspoon garam masala or curry mixed together
Nutritional information is based on a serving size of 1 cracker, using whole wheat pita, 1/2 teaspoon of added salt, but does not include Flavorings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.