Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
These are mini party pizzas. Try the toppings below, or create your own favorite combinations.
To Make the Dough:
1. Combine the flour, yeast, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center, add the water and oil, and stir to make a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured work surface about 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
2. Roll the dough into a ball. Place in a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat the dough. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand in a warm place until doubled in size.
To Make the Pizzette:
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Lightly oil 2 or 3 large baking sheets.
2. Knead the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a thin rectangle ¼ in (5mm) thick. Using a 3in (7.5cm) round cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds, gathering up the dough trimmings and re-rolling as required. Transfer the rounds to the baking sheets.
3. Spread 12 rounds with the pesto and half with the sun-dried tomato paste. Top the pesto rounds with salami, olives, and mozzarella. Top the sun-dried tomato rounds with the arugula and pine nuts. Brush with olive oil, cover loosely with a clean paper towel, and let stand for 20 minutes, or until puffy.
4. Bake for 12–15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.
Freezing Tip: These little bites make a good snack to keep in the freezer. Batch freeze them in small quantities, then reheat in a hot oven before serving.
Freezing Information: Freeze the baked pizzettes for up to 1 month
Prepare ahead (dough):
The dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 day. Let stand in a warm place about 2½ hours, until doubled, and knead briefly before using.
Prepare ahead (pizzette):
The pizzettes can be baked up to 24 hours in advance. Reheat to serve.
Nutritional information is based on 24 servings.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members save 15% Mon-Thurs & during weekend lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members save 10% every day when dining at McCormick and Schmick's.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today