Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
This late-summer dessert is suitable for both family suppers and dinner parties for friends. Good with ice cream or warm custard.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). To make the topping, combine the flour and butter in a large mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture is combined. Work in the sugar and oats. The mixture should remain lumpy.
2. Spread the plums in an ovenproof dish and drizzle with the maple syrup. Crumble the topping over the plums. Bake for 30–40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the juices are bubbling.
Variation: Rhubarb Crumble
Use 1 lb 10 oz (750g) rhubarb, cut into 1 in (2.5cm) lengths. Generously drizzle the rhubarb with honey and a squeeze of orange juice, then crumble the topping over the fruit and bake.
Prepare ahead: The topping can be frozen for up to 1 month.
Freezing Information: Freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)