Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Nothing has been viewed
This delightfully simple dessert can be served hot or cold. Good with a drizzle of fresh cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
1. Finely chop the stem ginger. Combine the apples and juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes, until the apples are barely tender.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the ginger and syrup. Cool slightly, to serve warm. (Or cool completely and refrigerate, to serve chilled.)
Prepare ahead: The poached apples can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Nutritional Benefits: low fat
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
Nutritional information is based on 6 servings.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members can locate discounts via the AARP® Member Advantages Offer Finder mobile app.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.