Join for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Members can print a free Rx discount card
Thanks to the veterans who served our country
Ever had trouble paying for
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
There is no more sinful, simple, and satisfying combination in the world than a good gratin of sliced potatoes and nutty Gruyère cheese. With a dish of this in the oven or on the table, it will be of little concern how frightful the weather is outside. Let it snow!
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Butter the bottom and sides of a 13 × 9 × 2-inch gratin dish. Then, scatter the minced garlic over the bottom.
3. Make a single layer of potato slices in the dish, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of cheese. Repeat the layers until all the potatoes are used.
4. Whisk together the egg, milk, and cream; pour this mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle all the remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake until the potatoes are tender and the top is bubbling and golden brown, about 1 hour. Serve piping hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8. Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members receive 20% off from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. at participating Denny’s locations.
Members save 10% on Mondays and 10% on Weekend Lunch at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can save 10% every day at Landry's Restaurants, Inc.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today