Join or Renew and Choose Your Gift
- Offer ends Dec. 17
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
There is no more sinful, simple, and satisfying combination in the world than a good gratin of sliced potatoes and nutty Gruyère cheese. With a dish of this in the oven or on the table, it will be of little concern how frightful the weather is outside. Let it snow!
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Butter the bottom and sides of a 13 × 9 × 2-inch gratin dish. Then, scatter the minced garlic over the bottom.
3. Make a single layer of potato slices in the dish, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of cheese. Repeat the layers until all the potatoes are used.
4. Whisk together the egg, milk, and cream; pour this mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle all the remaining cheese on top.
5. Bake until the potatoes are tender and the top is bubbling and golden brown, about 1 hour. Serve piping hot.
Nutrients per serving (% daily value)
This recipe serves 8. Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members can download new coupon offers available monthly from Kellogg's.
Members can get a FREE Donut with purchase of a L or XL beverage at Dunkin' Donuts.
Members save 20% on Wednesdays when dining at Carrabba's Italian Grill.
Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change. Join Today