Join/Renew for Just $16 A Year
- Discounts on travel and everyday savings
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine
- Free membership for your spouse or partner
Enter an ingredient, course or keyword and get cooking!
Photo by: Joseph De Leo
1. Three to 4 hours before you plan to cook this dish, season chicken with Adobo; refrigerate.
2. In a large saucepan, heat turkey ham over medium heat until it begins to brown; lower heat, add Sofrito; simmer, covered, for 2 minutes; add rice, boiling water, chicken, bouillon, tomato sauce, and capers; cover and cook over low heat for 35 minutes until chicken and rice are cooked.
3. In a small saucepan, steam peas in ¼ cup water for 2 minutes and drain.
4. Adorn with peas, asparagus tips, and red pimiento.
Each Latina Lite serving contains: 324 calories
Total Fats: 6 gm
Saturated Fats: 1 gm
Unsaturated Fats: 5 gm
Carbohydrates: 44 gm
Protein: 24 gm
Sodium: 1087 mg